Monday, July 20, 2015

Keep Calm and Cast On


We take a break from our regularly scheduled knitting time to bring you this blog post




If you have been keeping up with my posts, you’re hopefully caught up on our adventures if I did my job. (Did I? I’m not sure)




In terms of knitting: I have been making much progress and it is fantastic. See photos.





Do I have any fellow knitters following my blog? If so, this post is for you. If you would like to learn how to be awesome (AKA how to knit), I taught myself everything and my best student (me) thinks I’m the best teacher. Ideally, I teach in person, but I can do Skype consultations upon request. Have your people call my people.



Think knitting is just for grandmas and third grade girls? Check out this book I found:




For those of you who are just super lame and hate knitting/crochet and will not even give it a chance (the anti-stitchers), here’s a 10 hour long video of lamb chops “song that never ends” You may return to this post when you have come to your senses.



Once you’ve discovered that knitting is awesome or that lamb chops can get real old real fast, you should learn to knit. Like, right now. Or, if you’re still intimidated by the websites and tutorials, you can always shoot me an email at riviwriter@gmail.com. I’ll show you the ropes—or yarns, as the case may be.


Here are a few of my favorite websites to get you started:
Pinterest: Obviously. I am in love with Pinterest. I used it more than Facebook when I had a Facebook (which, by the way, I just reactivated. However, I am only using it to shamelessly plug the blog) 
If you don’t have a Pinterest, drop everything and go make one. Now. Or watch 10 hours of lamb chops song that never ends. It’s your choice. Totally up to you.
Pinterest.com
My Pinterest Knitting Board: https://www.pinterest.com/riviwriter/knitting/
My Pinterest Crocheting Board: https://www.pinterest.com/riviwriter/crochet/

Ravelry: Ravelry has a ton of knitting patterns, many of them free of charge and easily downloadable to your computer so that you may access them on long cruises with no Internet when all you want is a little knitting plan to keep you going.
It’s free to join and very easy—there are many free patterns and many patterns available for purchase and the site is super user friendly.





Happy Knitting! 









No comments:

Post a Comment